Friday, July 24, 2009

New Quilt

A sneak peak at the new quilt I'm working on. I am loving this one. (pats herself on the back) I found that I like to use very busy fabric for the stuff I sew. I wanted to make a quilt but not have it hurt anyone's eyes to look at it. So I decided to make a modified coin quilt with lots of white fabric so that I could still use all the fabrics I love, without it looking jumbled. Phew! Long sentence. 
close up :)

Oh, and guess what I found? Heather Ross fat quarter packs! Autumn  did a post on how she found Heather Ross packs at Jo ann's. I didn't really think the Jo ann's near me would have them, but lo and behold they did! 

3 comments:

Becky said...

pretty quilt!

Belle said...

is this the one you were talking about? The one for the certain someone??? :D I *love* it.... It looks really good!

Ruth said...

I *really* like that! Looks like a good project for all those little scrap squares. And I thinks it's a good layout, it doesn't hurt the eye like you said you were trying to do. :)