Saturday, January 9, 2010

Quilted hexagon pillow

I incorporated some of my hand sewn hexagons in this pillow. I've been really inspired to make a quilted pillow (just look at my flickr favorites) and I wanted to try it out. It turned out better than I thought it would. I was expecting it to turn out a mangled and unrecognizable mess. But I think everyone can tell its a pillow....at least I hope so..... Hopefully no one out there is thinking "What a lovely toaster cover" or something like that. 

Used some of my favorite japanese fabric (that I've been hoarding) for the back. It just happened to coordinate with some polka dot fabric I had on hand. Sorry if this post is more babble-y than usual. I haven't been very wordy in my recent posts, so I think its ok

7 comments:

kelly said...

i really love this pillow, you've used some very cute fabrics, looks a great way to use up some of the smaller scraps i've been hanging onto.
Kelly x

Meagan said...

What a lovely toaster cover!

;) I really like the back fabric.

PS Do you make toaster covers? Because if you did I'd buy one from you when I got my own place....

Unknown said...

hehe I <3 you. :) that made me laugh. I've seen a lot of tea pot covers, but no toaster covers yet....;)

Belle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belle said...

Love the blue pillow! Looks really silky and soft..nice color collaboration on the top one, tho!

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

I really like your pillow - you did a good job! I'm not sure I sewed so well at your age. :)

Kiki said...

Soooo prettyful!!