Saturday, June 19, 2010

My house got a bit crispy

In the middle of my gradutation ceremony my parents were told that our house was on fire. No one was in the house when it happened, thank the Lord. But all our stuff wasn't so lucky.  The fire started in the top middle bedroom and its really only the second floor that looked bad.. The rest of of the house looks fine, but there is a lot of water and smoke damage. We are all fine and doing great, we found a beatiful house to rent while our old house is being gutted and rebuilt.
And I know this is supposed to be a blog about crafty stuff, so here is my smokey crafty stuff (now pitched) . My sewing machine and fabric were in another part of the house, so all that is saved. My sewing machine may need to be cleaned (because of the smoke). (wince) I pray it doesn't take that long. My hands are just itching to sew and hand sewing pillow covers really isn't fun.

3 comments:

magnusmog said...

I'm so glad no-one got hurt but, so much to clean up and sort out!

Kelly O. said...

oh my! I'm so sorry to hear that! thank goodness no one was hurt!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

oh dear... i'm glad no one was hurt anyway!!