Friday, January 9, 2015

Mom's random Christmas quilt

For years my mom has been not so subtly implying that she'd love a handmade quilt. About a year ago I was fabric shopping with her and she went ahead and picked out fabrics for her long awaited quilt. After a lot of sewing snafus and pattern mess ups this started to be the quilt I shoved in the back of the closet and would try to forget about. (It was just too painful) This past fall I was resolved to finish this quilt in time for Christmas (even if it killed me) It came out more improv-y and random than I originally planned but hey, its FINISHED. Plus she cried (happiness tears to verify) when I gave to her so BONUS points for me.  

I put together the back using the leftover fabric pieces. Like I said "improv-y" 

2 comments:

Jan said...

I love it. I would have cried, too.

Belle said...

Love how improv-y it is! Perfectly unique for your mom! :)