Monday, March 30, 2009

My quilt is done!!

Does this look familiar? Well, a while ago it I was going to quilt it and finish it off. When I laid it all out, I realized I had sewn the quilt completely crooked! I got so mad at myself for being a complete failure at sewing. So I shoved it in the back of the closet, never to be remembered again. I think my family knew it was a touchy subject. I'm sure they went around whispering to each other "don't mention that quilt Sarah started". I follow a lot of quilt blogs, so it wasn't easy to forget my pathetic excuse of a quilt lying at the back of the closet. I was suddenly driven to finish my quilt after reading a bunch of quilt blogs. So I worked on it like crazy, I had to cut a lot off to make it straight and it still isn't perfect. I am sort of sorry I used the fabrics that I did too. Some of them are really bright and don't really go with the rest of it. But I was poor at the time, so I just had to use what I had. It's finally done though, and I can say I made a quilt!!
The back of it.
Finally done....yay!

9 comments:

LePetitMaison said...

WooHoo! Wonderful.
Great job girlie! I'm proud of you.

Unknown said...

I don't think it's too colorful. I like it! It looks anthropologie-ish. :)

Belle said...

LOVE it! You finally finished it! I am so proud of you! I agree with Em. It looks very professional and I think you could sell it for a pretty penny. But I know you probably won't cause it took you so long. :) Great job!

Katie said...

Congrats! It looks awesome Sarah. And I agree with the above... it totally does look like an anthropologie type thing! Love it!

amy smart said...

I think it's really cool! Way to go. :)

Staci K. said...

I think it looks great! The bright colors are so happy. Great job.

Autumn said...

nice job....it feels good to finish something cuddly.

Sara said...

Love the mismatchy patchyness of your quilt. Nice work!

J said...

Congratulations on finishing! Such a feeling of accomplishment, right?