Thursday, January 22, 2009

The beginning of a quilt

I started this a few days ago. I have been wanting to make a real quilt for awhile and I was inspired by on of the blogs I follow. http://www.filminthefridge.com/ Here's her blog if you want to check it out. She makes really gorgeous quilts and I was inspired to make my own. I've made a quilt before. Sort of. Its just a front and a back, no squishy stuff inside, so it's not considered an authentic  quilt.  Poor thing, it wants to be a "real quilt".  I made the rectangles really big, which is nice, because it goes faster. I wanted to make this quilt really big. Big enough to cuddle up with while watching mushy movies and big enough so that I could potentially put it on my bed. My little bother gets brownie points for helping me take the pictures. Sorry the pictures are such bad quality, its the best I could do with my non-professional camera.

Here's my little brother showing me the stairs he and his sister made.
Along with their snow houses.
He made sure I got a picture of the "dragons teeth" they found.
I could kiss them, they're so cute.
Us with our boots on our frozen solid driveway

2 comments:

Belle said...

LOVE it! Are you almost done it? My birthday is in October, so you have plenty of time. *wink wink*

Anina said...

It's going to be great!